Tuesday, July 1, 2014
Baked Chicken Cacciatore
1. 1 chicken, cut up
2. 2 tablespoons olive oil
3. 2 tablespoons flour
4. 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
5. 1 teaspoon oregano
6. 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
7. 12 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
8. 1 large red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch wide strips
9. 3/4 cup chopped onion
10. 14 1/2 ounces Italian-style stewed tomatoes, canned
11. 1/3 cup white wine
12. 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1.Heat oven to 400°F
2.Remove skin from all chicken pieces except wings; trim any visible fat.
3.Cut chicken breasts crosswise in half.
4.Heat oil in large roasting pan in oven 2 minutes.
5.Combine flour, 1 teaspoon salt, oregano and pepper in large resealable plastic bag; add chicken pieces, tossing to coat well with flour mixture.
6.Arrange chicken in hot oil in roasting pan; roast 20 minutes.
7.Stir mushrooms, red pepper and onions into roasting pan with chicken; roast 15 minutes more, stirring once.
8.Add tomatoes with their liquid, wine and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, breaking up tomatoes with spoon.
9.Roast 10 minutes longer until chicken is cooked through.
10.Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Posted by suranga dishna