Wednesday, January 1, 2014
Smoked Wonton Ranch Chicken Appetizers
1 lb. ground turkey or chicken breast
2 cups Colby/Jack cheese
½ cup finely diced carrots, celery, red and green bell pepper, and green onions (I put small amounts of each together in the food processor to make a total of ½ cup)
1 cup lite sour cream
1 envelope of ranch dressing mix
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray miniature muffin pan with cooking spray.
2) Insert wonton wrappers into the muffin pan to form small cups. Bake 5 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow the baked wrappers to cool. Remove from pan.
3) In a medium bowl, mix the ground chicken or turkey, cheese, vegetable mixture, sour cream, and ranch dressing mix. Fill the baked wonton wrappers cups with mixture.
4) Get the smoker going. I used plum wood for this, but you can use any wood of your choice. But I do recommend using a light wood so you don’t over-power it with smoke favor. Get the smoker temperature up to about 275 degrees F.
5) Once the smoker is settled in at around 275 degrees F, place them in a foil baking pan and place this into the smoker. Cook until the meat is bubbly and slightly brown. This will take almost 1 hour. Check it at about 45 minutes.
Posted by suranga dishna